Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ladies Date at the Fair - check out these chicks!

My friend Megan and I went to the Wisconsin State Fair today. It was likely the best fair experience that I have ever had. It was a very chill morning with not a lot of people around and the weather was perfact for a day at the fair. Today was Hunger Task Force day so if you brought two canned food items you got in for $2 - not a bad deal!

We started out looking a the horses, which were mainly Clydesdales. Clydales if you don't know are the Budweiser horses and are very well endowed. At one point, I turned my head and got quite a suprise! I am actually afraid of horses, not for any real reason, but mainly because they are big. As a result of my fear, I want to learn to ride and take care of them so that I get over it.

We then moved on to the cows, sheep, and goats. At this point the only thing I remember about these animals is that they went to the bathroom alot while we were in there.

The expo building is ususally a pretty intense experience with sales people everywhere trying to get you to buy there crappy product, but today it was calm and maybe not as many vendors this year. We did stop off at the dip stand and tried about 8 - 10 different flavors. I felt guilty because I tried so many and was going to buy a few of the mixes, but I just quickly walked away instead.

We headed over to the mid-way which was crazy busy - it was dollar day so all rides were just $1 - another deal! We walked around and decided that we were going to ride three rides - the farris wheel, the tilt-a-whirl and another ride yet to be determined. The tilt-a-whirl was pretty awesome and we got a few good twists in there. Next we headed over to get a lemonade and then to the farris wheel. This is were my day become the best day EVER!

I don't even know how or when or at what point I realized what I was seeing but Corey Hart (All-Star and right fielder for the Milwaukee Brewers) was standing, I don't know, 15 feet away from me. I am pretty sure I lost my breath and Megan was a little bit ahead of me and I pulled, yanked on her shirt (Again I am Sorry Megan I just got all excited!). Then I kinda stalked him out to get a picture. He is standing at the ATM getting cash - funny! I didn't talk to him because he was there with his family and I wanted to respect that, but I was still freaking excited.

Once I was done freaking out we waited in line for the farris wheel. Next to the farris wheel and next to us in line was a what looked like a traveling re-fabed food cart that supposedly housed the worlds tiniest women. For $1 you could go and see this women who was sitting behind a screne. We were slightly curious because we were not sure what kind of trick the fair was using to get people's dollar. Megan asked a few ladies who had just been in the "attraction" what they had saw and they replied "a midget, she is just a 29 inch 32 year old midget who doesn't speak english." After that we no longer were interested but more disturbed. Disturbed because these women is involved in this and distrubed because someone thought it was a good idea to have this here and disturbed because people were paying to see her - very 1800's circus like. We did not pay to see her.

The lines had gotten pretty long for many of the rides and we were ready to head out so we gave our last tickets to two brothers about 8 - 12 years old in hopes that they would find use for them. I am sure the did on something crazy like the Zipper or the Scrambler.

During this time I dinned on a corn dog, a few cheese curds and some delcious Saz's french fries. I got some cream puffs to go to share with Kevan. Kevan was kinda kicked out of todays adventures because it was a ladies date at the Fair, but I am pretty sure we are going to the fair next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment